Domestic Violence 101
The Domestic Violence 101 (DV 101) Training is a two-day training taiolred for new advocates and is designed to lay the philodophical framework and foundation of knowledge they will need to be effective advocate.Training components for this session include:
- The herstory of the battered women's movement
- Defining domestic violence, battering and "child witnessing"
- Cultural competency and understanding white privilege
- Providing effective advocacy
- Orders for Protection and Harassment Restraining Orders
- Tips for working with the legal system
- Self-care for advocates.
DV 101 is offered four times each year, with the training location alternative between the Twin Cities and St. Cloud.
To register online follow the link provided on our Events and Trainings Calendar.
For questions or to receive a registration form, contact Safia Khan at 651-646-6177 Ext. 16 or at email@example.com.